IRRS : Manchester
At each meeting we hope to have a selection of Irish railway books and magazines on sale. Entry is £3 for IRRS members and £5 non-members. The non member fee is refunded if you join the society on the night. The draft programme is now available to download via the link above, with our first event planned for October 8th .We hope to be able to use a venue in central Manchester. If that is not practical; we plan to hold the talk online. Further details will be placed on this page and the news page; please check back for details or email the branch : IRRSManchester@gmail.com
Planned evening and other events are below. Due to the rapidly changing nature of the pandemic: venues are to be confirmed, and it may be that events will need to be held online.
All meetings will start at 18:15 for 18:30. Expected to finish by 21:00.
Please do remember to check the branch website closer to the date for further details:
- February 11th, Alan O`Rourke will present what we are sure will be a fascinating talk on the North Kerry line.
- March 11th, Charles Friel will come to give us one of his excellent talks on the Great Northern Railway of Ireland.
- April 8th,Sean Cain will give a talk on a subject tbc
- To be confirmed – The Branch is planning a visit to the East Lancashire Railway, to see the former NIR Class 80 (in store at Buckley Well, Bury), and travel on the railway. Details are to be confirmed, if interested, please contact the Branch.
- To be confirmed – The Branch is also hoping to organise a visit/tour to the remaining peat railways in 2021. Those interested in joining the visit, please contact the Branch.